First of all, a little introduction to my email followers: Regular story comes on Friday but I have to write this post for my blogging community here. Most of you are tour guides, if I am correct, and you know that “customers are always right” (though, that can be argued). Well, here, my readers are my customers in a way… I received Versatile Blogger Award and in order to accept it I have to write this post.
In Croatia, blogging community is not so developed so I was very surprised when I received such a warm welcome from all over the world – that’s why I think my Croatian readers won’t mind this post because I have to thank my blogger friends… I was very surprised to have regular readers from USA, UK, Brazil, France, India, Australia…
A big thank-you goes to One Life, One World for nominating me. They are a couple from Manchester, UK; they enjoy reading my blog and writing about their travels and travel preparations. Go and check them out!
While I was writing this, I received another nomination, from Sarishboo, very interesting blog about the adventurous life of 25-year old Pakistani American girl. Go and check her out!
Thank you so much for this nomination! I really appreciate it!
The rules for accepting this award are simple:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award
So, not so sure if it’s interesting for everyone but here it goes:
- My mother tongue is Croatian. You probably already know that I speak English, French and Portuguese but I also understand Italian and Spanish. Maybe you’ll think that I am talented for languages but in fairness I think I’m talented for only these languages. In German, I can say “Guten tag! Ich bin Dejan.” and I can count from 1 to 9 (can’t remember 0 and 10 at this moment). When in Vienna, I can say “Wiener schnitzel bitte und bier” and that’s it. I’m probably writing it wrong. It’s pathetic how poor my German is.
- I can really say “My boss is the best person in the world” because I am my own boss. I worked as a freelancer in many sectors, sometimes related to tourism and languages, sometimes not, but I’ve decided to start my own small business and so far everything is going well.
- My favorite novel is “Master and Margarita” by Bulgakov, but…
- … I am a huge fan of British popular culture. Harry Potter, Doctor Who, James Bond, Graham Norton… On the other hand, “Mr Bean” is a very popular British show but I never really understood why.
- If you give me some eight minutes, I can name you (almost) every country in the world. There are always some borders changing, some countries that are not completely recognized, so that’s why I say almost. For example, South Sudan was recognized very recently so I forgot it the last time I did the counting. There’s usually around 195 of them.
- My name Dejan is pronounced Day-Un. Take day from Sunday and un from under. That’s the closest I can think of right now.
- I have two sisters and three brothers, all younger than me. Yes, things can get interesting sometimes.
(While thinking about nominations, I wanted to choose some that started recently like me, to promote them a little bit. Some are related to traveling, some not; some are even in foreign languages so I thought it would be good to promote them also a little bit. But I like reading so many of you – it was so hard to choose…)
My nominations are:
https://saynototourguides.com/ (I like the title of this one, haha)
https://travellinghippie.travel.blog/ (just change that photo like we discussed because some more readers will come to your site from my region, haha)
https://foureaux.wordpress.com/ (in Portuguese – he was actually my Portuguese teacher almost ten years ago so I just had to nominate him as my 16th – not because he was my teacher, but because he has a really interesting blog)
I love reading your blogs or going through your photos! Let’s keep up the good work!
All the best…
If some of you were wondering, like OneLifeOneWorld, what this nomination means: it means that you have won and you have to write a blog similar. Or like Sarishboo said “You either thank me or curse me!” So don’t blame me – blame OneLifeOneWorld ans Sarishboo, they nominated me! 🙂
Write 7 interesting facts about yourself and nominate 15+ amazing bloggers. Don’t forget to put my link in your post and thank me (or not, ahah!) Congratulations!